I truly love 2 colors: red and green. Today I “feel” green and I want to share one f my recipes, straight from my personal cookbook section “Quick, easy and kids friendly 🙂 ” and yes, my kids love it.
For this recipe you would need approximately 30 minutes, preparation and cooking included, 5 ingredients, 2 pans and a wooden spoon. That’s all.
PASTA WITH BROCCOLI SAUCE
QUICK AND EASY: easy pasta recipeCourse: mainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
500gr broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
2 garlic cloves
3-4 anchovies (salted in oil. Find at Tesco)
350gr short pasta (penne are perfect)
- Bring to boil salted water with the broccoli in. Use the same pot you will use to cook your pasta. Alternatively: steam the vegetables (I like steaming them, perfect green color and still have a bite).
- When broccoli are soft (not mashed), take them out from the water using a ladle. Keep the water for cooking your pasta: you will give an extra “broccoli” flavor to it.
- Now: cook your pasta (your should have from now around 10-11 minutes) While pasta is cooking, you can prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet: olive oil enough to cover the bottom of it. Add minced garlic AND anchovies now. Will take 3 minutes for the garlic to brown slightly and for the anchovies to melt.
- Add the broccoli and break them down with a spoon, just roughly mashed. Let the broccoli infuse with the garlic/anchovies mixture, tossing the skillet.
- When pasta is ready, drain it and toss it in the skillet with the broccoli sauce.
- Serve with some Parmesan cheese and pepper 🙂
- A glass of prosecco will give you the extra (you, not the kids 🙂